The EYP Summer Academy is coming back!
The training event will take place from 05-09 September 2018 in Nis, Serbia. Apply as the lead trainer using the online application form by 29th April and get the chance to share your expertise and develop your training skills further.
The Summer Academy is a training event that aims to support the work of our National Committees by providing training courses and enabling knowledge-sharing for 80 board members from around Europe. The aims are to help the trainees further develop the work of their EYP National Committees, and to enable them to pass on the acquired skills to their peers. During the four days, the trainees will have the opportunity to take part in different training modules grouped under five different tracks: Fundraising, Outreach and Inclusion, National Committee Management and Development, PR and Communication and an additional fifth track for knowledge sharing and extra trainings. Participants will be able to follow one track through the whole training event or switch between the training modules of different tracks.
THE LEAD TRAINER
We are now looking for a lead trainer to coordinate the training schedule and recruit the trainers team for the five different tracks. The specific subjects of the trainings will be decided together with the trainers team based on the needs analysis conducted with the National Committees. The responsibilities of the lead trainer include:
• Recruitment of the trainers team for the Summer Academy in close cooperation with the International Office. We are aiming for a trainers team of 10-12 people, both EYP Members and external experts,
• Conceptualisation and coordination of the trainers preparation meeting,
• Supervising and conceptualisation of the the training schedule and coordinating with the trainers of the different tracks on a regular basis, enabling synergies and close cooperation between the different trainers,
• Coordination and production of training materials, guides and checklists to be provided to the whole EYP network after the training event,
• Close cooperation with the organising team for any practical matters and the representative of the International Office,
• Creating a sustainable multiplier system, enabling participants to become ambassadors of knowledge in the NCs. The lead trainer will be involved in all steps of the content preparation. The trainers team will be supported by a Head Organiser and International Office representatives helping with the organisation of the event. The travel costs both for the preparation meeting and the Summer Academy will be reimbursed.
We invite all EYPers with training experience and who are familiar with the work of National Committees to apply to join. Previous experience from giving and planning training courses is desirable for the position. It is also possible to give trainings on different subjects yourself. All EYPers who are passionate about and experienced in trainings are invited to apply by filling in the online application form by April 29th. If you do not want to join yourself but know someone who would fit our trainers team, an EYPer or not, do let us know! For any questions, please feel free to contact Olga Kusnierska (firstname.lastname@example.org).